At the Foodbarn Restaurant
- Christmas Eve (24th Dec) and Christmas Lunch menu (25th Dec)
- Will be a 4 course menu with amuse bouche, palate cleanser and coffee or tea included; you will have the choice between 4 starters, 4 fish course, 4 main course and 4 desserts. The price of these menus is R895.00 per person
- The Christmas kids menu (3 course) is R300 per child under 12.
- The New Years Eve menu (31st Dec)
- There will be a 4 course menu with amuse bouche, palate cleanser and coffee or tea included; you will have the choice between 4 starters, 4 fish course, 4 main course and 4 desserts.
- There will be a new year’s eve party in the restaurant starting at 11pm until 2am.
- The price of The New Years’ Eve menu and party is R995 per person.
At the Foodbarn Tapas Bar
- We will be open on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve and NOT Christmas lunch
- There is no upfront charge; eat what you want, drink what you like, and enjoy the awesome vibe that is Tapas … we look forward to hanging with you
All these prices exclude beverages and service charge and a 10% gratuity will be added to your final bill automatically.
Please note that in order to secure your reservation, we require a 100% non- refundable deposit of the food bill.
On these occasions, we do not allow corkage.
We are unable to do transactions with your credit card details (these payments can only be made in person). If you are paying from an overseas account we are able to generate a pay pal invoice for your convenience.
Electronic payment can be made to:
The Foodbarn Restaurant
Branch Code: 123209
Should you wish to make a reservation, please contact us on (021) 789-1390, or firstname.lastname@example.org – Monday – Friday 9am – 4pm.
The menu for the Foodbarn Restaurant is:
tuna tartare: with fresh atlantic oysters, noordhoek seaweed salad, ponzu, togarashi & lime aioli, trout roe raviole
wild mushrooms & ricotta, seared shiitake, fontina and tarragon cream
springbok tartare: hand chopped, nasturtium tartare sauce, cranberry ketchup, croutons
wild prawns: sticky rice ball, chili roasted pineapple, lime & palm sugar, curry oil
gratin d’asperges: green asparagus, home smoked trout, artichoke and white truffle gratin sauce
peri-peri swordfish: cauliflower brandade, almond aioli, parsley oil
fish “provençale”: ethically caught fish, grilled with fennel seeds, ratatouille in brik, lightly Pernod scented mussel velouté
goats cheese: melting in panko crust, red wine pears, aubergine caviar, wild leaves, roasted hazelnuts & noordhoek vinegar syrup
mild kimchi brik roll (vegan): sweet potato mousseline, tender leaves, gomasio, soy syrup & sriracha drops
risotto: sun-dried and roasted tomato, parmesan & asiago, mustard seed mascarpone
karoo lamb rack: roasted with crumbs and sliced: candied onion & olive tart, tender mesclun leaves, rich basil jus
grilled duck breast: mash beignet, bitter leaves, pepper, brandy & truffle jus
roasted pépé goats cheese: roasted st maure goats cheese, figs cooked in vanilla syrup
raspberries: on honeyed brioche, vanilla chiboust, brik, jasmine sorbet
christmas chocolate pot: milk chocolate & cinnamon pot, white chocolate mousse, dark chocolate sauce, shortbread fingers
strawberries & rhubarb: fresh strawberries, rhubarb fondue, rosemary cream, vanilla s’mores
and for kids …
Prawn fritters: truffle & fontina cream, tender leaf shoots
grilled sustainable fish: sautéed potatoes, lemon and herb butter
pasture reared beef sirloin: mash potato beignet, yummy jus and carrots
brownie: warm dark chocolate brownie, gianduja chocolate marquise, vanilla sauce, hazelnut ice cream